To say that Android theming is addictive would be an understatement. I LOVE graphic designing, and I’m forever tinkering with Photoshop, Illustrator and Gimp. So its not really a surprise that I decided to strip my phone bare and weave magic with it. It never ceases to amaze me how you can customize you mobile.
With just a bit of creativity you can have something totally original. There is a bit of a learning curve especially when you decide to use some advanced customization apps but once you get the hang of it, really the ideas would just flow.
Here’s one of my recent work, inspired by latte and coffee shop menus. And yes, I made this while I was hanging around a coffee shop. I’m calling it Vintage Latte.
- Nova Launcher (free) – settings (10×12 grid, dock hidden, icon labels hidden, no margins)
- Eye in the Sky Weather (free) – love this weather widget. very cute icons.
- Desktop Visualizer (free) – a great app for customizing images and icons. This is what I used to place coffee themed images.
- Amazing Text Free Text Widget – i wanted to add those ‘script’ text as accent and this free app is nice. easy to use.
- Ultimate Custom Widget (UCCW) (free) – if you’re crazy about customization, then get a headstart and learn how to use this app. It’s totally worth it. This is what I used to make those ‘text banners’ and then added a hotspot to link it to my chosen app.
- Power Toggles (free) – for those tiny icons on the homescreen controlling power controls.