Facial steaming offers a whole lot of benefits for your skin. It’s the best way to deep cleanse your pores, and therefore helping you get rid of pimples, blackheads, whiteheads and other facial skin impurities.
The steam opens up your pores and loosens clogged dirt, makeup residues, impurities and also dead skin cells. It’s a great way for your body to release toxins which cannot be otherwise be removed by other cleansing methods. For those with oily skin, steaming can be done every other day while those with dry skin should do this at least once a week.
Facial steaming can easily be done at home. You can use what you have at home or if you have it you can also use a facial sauna gadget.
Here’s some tips:
- Cleanse your face thoroughly first by washing with warm water and a mild soap
- Boil a pot of water and add a few slices of lemon or some herbs. For oily skin you can try adding some lemon, peppermint or thyme. For sensitive skin use chamomile or lime. Those with normal skin can use rose, rosemary or lavender.
- Place hot water in a bowl and drape a towel over your head, making a ‘tent’ around the bowl. Stand in front of the steam and let the steam go directly to your face. Do keep your mouth and eyes closed to avoid irritation.
- Steam your face for 15-20 minutes but not more than 20 minutes. If you have ultra sensitive skin then 10-15 minutes would do.
- Once you’re done, rinse your face with warm water and pat gently to dry with a towle
- After steaming, it would be the best time to apply a facial mask, since your skin proes are open and could absorb more.
Personally, this has been very effective for me in removing whiteheads and blackheads. And I do love that feeling of softness and freshness after steaming my face.
Here’s some facial sauna items I found in Amazon.com…