I love to read online women’s magazines. I subscribe to a whole lot of them. Not only for their entertainment value but they provide a lot of interesting tidbits and tips on home and lifestyle, fashion, fitness and diet and more. One women’s magazine I like a lot is Fitness Magazine. They have a lot of simple, easy tips on being healthy and keeping fit. Articles like these inspire me to be be healthy.
Lately I’ve been really interested in eating healthy food. I want to be fit using only healthy methods, no quick weight loss schemes, appetite suppressant and the likes for me. Why? I discovered there are no shortcuts to being fit and healthy. Also, I want to be kinder to my body particularly my heart. I just dread having a heart disease so from now I want to be good and take care of it.
One articled featured in Fitness Magazine, “How to Eat for A Healthy Heart” lists some food good for the heart. Let me just share some.
- Blueberries – rich in antioxidants help fight inflammation and lower bad LDL cholesterol, blood fats, and blood sugar;
- Canola and Olive Oil – High in heart-smart monounsaturated fats; lower in saturated fat than other oils;
- Oatmeal – lots of soluble fiber and full of heart-friendly B vitamins.
- Nuts – rich in omega-3 fatty acids, phytochemicals, potassium, and vitamin E
- Salmon – Omega-3s help reduce triglycerides and bad cholesterol and make blood flow smoothly, lessening the chance of clotting;
- Crushed Red Pepper
- Red Wine and Grape Juice – rich in antioxidants
- Spinach – B vitamins and antioxidants fight heart disease; magnesium can help lower blood pressure