A year ago, one of my sites got the dreaded Google Adsense suspension saying it cannot display ads because I’m showing copyrighted content. Which totally bummed me because that site is where I share my graphic design work for digital scrapbookers. Everything was made from scratch. I guess that pissed me enough to not bother appealing that ‘verdict’.
So I searched for alternatives to Adsense. And yes there are plenty and some very good ones at that. I ‘m listing it out here. I’m leaving out CPC networks already mentioned in most listings for alternatives to Adsense, but instead I’m sharing some not so known ones but performing very well.
- Media.net – Yahoo’s answer to Adsense. Serves contextual ads and works really great for a lot of website owners. Its somehow stricter when it comes to approving sites, but its worth the hassle.
- Burst Media – offers CPM advertising from brand advertisers.
- Pulsepoint – ad-exchange program where you set the price.
- Lijit – an ad network helping ‘publishers engage and understand their readers’
- RivitMedia – a highly specialized ad network for crafting and DIY specialists.
I personally only have limited experience to Media.net which is really good. But for the other ad networks listed, I’m all set to try it out since I’ve heard positive things about it as well. The thing with blogging and monetizing blogs, it really helps to diversify and try different ad networks that fits right to your niche.