Getting soft and smoother skin can’t happen magically nor can you have it overnight. Unless you’re born with it, it would need some consistent care routines. These are some easy tips applicable to most skin types.
- When showering or bathing, its better to use lukewarm water than hot water. Hot water can dry out your skin.
- When exfoliating, do scrub gently.Abrasive scrubbing can cause skin breakage. Do this twice or thrice a week for a smoother skin.
- Use moisturizing or skin softening soap when you are not exfoliating. This would make your skin softer and more supple and not easily dry out.
- Pat your skin dry with a soft towel after showering or bathing. Don’t scrub with the towel, remember, just pat it dry.
- Moisturize with lotion. Pick one that is not heavy with perfume and just right for your skin.
- Don’t just moisturize after shower. Make sure you apply your lotion or moisturizing oil a few time per day.
- If your hands and feet are extra dry, try soaking it in lukewarm water for at least 15 minutes then applying lotion, oil or petroleum jelly before sleeping. Put on a pair of socks to protect them specially if you’re staying in a cold room.
- Choose the skin care products you apply. Products with too many ingredient may bring in more ‘bad’ results than good. When choosing creams like acne cream, anti-aging cream better choose what would be best for your skin type and if you’re not sure check with your dermatologist.
- Drink plenty of fluids throughout the day. This would keep your skin hydrated, soft and fresh looking.